Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 1 and 2 - Pre Cleanse

Basically, the First 2 days consist of a shake for breakfast, a wafer snack, a 600 calorie meal for lunch, (I had some left over chicken curry I was oh so glad to eat and not throw away, in an attempt to clear the fridge of temptation), another snack wafer or maybe it was 2, and a shake for dinner. Lots of water, which we are good with anyways, oh and ionic supreme, which is a liquid supplement meant to nourish your body. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised that I did not feel hungry at all. I did have to stop myself from eating a few times, not because I was hungry, but because I like to eat when I feel anxious or have a little snack to avoid doing chores, but I did it, I stuck with the plan and I am so proud of myself. Mike did well too, although he was hungry and had to go to bed early the first night to avoid the urge to eat. We both slept great and awoke not feeling hungry. So, since I was the one to get us into this, I had understood that the first 2 days were going to be easy compared with days 3 and 4, since you do not eat ANY food on cleanse days. This realization hit Mike, my husband, hard as we were going over the plan for our 1st cleanse day (day 3) while preparing our final shake of our second pre cleanse day. I was chirping that I thought that some orange extract might be good in the shake and asked if he wanted me to add that to his shake, he asked if I could add some steak to his and we laughed. He said if he would have understood that there was going to be no food for the next 2 days he would have savored his last meal at lunch a lot more!

No comments:

Post a Comment